Crossing Physical Borders
Crossing Physical Borders published in 2013, edited by Katrine Øverlie Svela and Karete Jacobsen Meland is one of the four Knutepunkt-books of Knutepunkt 2013. The cover and illustrations are all made by Rebecca Egebjerg.
This book provides a brief glimpse of larps, people, ideas and discussions crossing international borders. What is it like, being a larper in another country, and what difficulties might arise when re-running your game somewhere else? What tools and experiences are available, and what might we learn from each other?
In line with the very first publication from Knutepunkt, The Book (2001: 4), we do believe that “openness towards each other, enabling new impulses from fellow larpers to cross borders, will take us further”. In view of this, we would also like to focus some attention on the important discussions about what Knutepunkt is, for whom it is intended and what it should encompass. We have gathered some of this year’s quotes from several fora, hoping that they will remind us to continue debating, and continue evolving.
- Air Castles Built on Concrete - Evan Torner
- Looking Back to Move Forward - Goshai Daian & Leonardo Ramos
- Making the Road As We Go - Asbørn Rydland & Kristian Spilhaug
- Double D's and Dragons - Andrea Giargiari
- The Horse as a Revelation - Juhana Pettersson
- Doing Self-dissection - Fatima AbdulKarim
- Life After Death - Alexey Fedoseev & Diana Trubetskaya
- Mad About the Yankee - Eleanor Saitta
- Crossing the Alps - Thomas B.
- The Missing Link - Johannes Axner
- Crossing Physical Borders (PDF)
- The complete book project (PDF) - The three text books of Knutepunkt 2013 without layout
The official Knutepunkt book series
For the conference, a compilation of four Knutepunkt-books was published as The official book series of Knutepunkt 2013. The other three were: