Kjell Hedgard Hugaas
Kjell Hedgard Hugaas
|Born||October 18, 1978|
Kjell Hedgard Hugaas is a northern Norwegian larp designer, organizer, writer, and trained actor. He has been active within Nordic larp communities for about two decades and contributes to the ongoing discussions on larp theory on a regular basis, his particular field of interest being the transformative effects of larp. As such, he is one of the authors of the Butterfly Effect Manifesto.
He writes and designs on a freelance basis for a number of different larp studios and creators and creates chamber larps on his own. His design work tends to be quite political and often addresses societal issues. He theorized the ways in which ideas impact larpers through the process of memetic bleed and how the physicality of larping impact larpers through the process of procedural bleed.
He has also done safety consultant work for an number of different studios and organizations.
In his daily life, he works as a Technical Municipal Manager, works with local, regional and national trade unions, and is a part-time lumberjack.
- The Forbidden History (2018 & 2020)
- Tale of The North Wind (2019)
- 1912 (2019)
- Beyond the Neural Horizon (2019)
- Vætter i Natten (2019)
- Sahara Expedition (2020)
- The Last Song (2020)
Voice Acting / Other
Articles on Larp
- Investigating types of bleed in larp - emotional, procedural and memetic by Kjell Hedgard Hugaas
- The Butterfly Effect Manifesto by Kjell Hedgard Hugaas and Sarah Lynne Bowman
- Transformative Role-Play: Design, Implementation, and Integration by Kjell Hedgard Hugaas and Sarah Lynne Bowman
- Speechcraft by Kjell Hedgard Hugaas
- Magic is Real: How Role-playing Can Transform Our Identities, Our Communities, and Our Lives by Kjell Hedgard Hugaas and Sarah Lynne Bowman
- To Bleed or Not to Bleed - KP 2017
- A Trinity of Consciousness - KP 2018
- Memetic Bleed - A tool for Societal and Political change - KP 2019
- Fra rolle til karakter - Spillerom 2019
- Nordic Larp - A tool for teaching History - TEMA 2019
- Designing for Transformative Impacts - Keynote Solmukohta 2020
- Roleplaying for transformation - Panel discussion - The KP Magic Book Online Conference 2021