There are millions of companies and organizations in the world but very few are notable enough for Wikipedia.
For Wikipedia, a company or organization must be:
- the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent of the company itself, OR
- listed on ranking indices of important companies produced by well-known and independent publications, OR
- used to calculate stock market indices, except an index that simply comprises the entire market.
A product or service must:
- have been the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent of the company offering the product or service. That means articles about it - not just a few words about itin articles about something else, or simply in a list.
- be so well-known that its trademark is easily recognised.
Conflict of interest/advertising
If you are connected with the company/organization in some way, you have a conflict of interest and it will be difficult to write without it looking like like advertising - which is not allowed on Wikipedia. Unless a company is very special for something, even a short description, such as on a social network or business directory, is a form of advertising. If the article does not meet the notability guidelines, it will probably be deleted. If your company is truly notable, someone else will write about it sooner or later. If you want to contibute to Wikipedia, you may wish to write a new page from the list at Wikipedia:Requested articles.
Does your proposed article meet the requirements?
My article is about a notable company and is not advertising
My article could be considered advertising (help!)
My article is about a company that may not be notable (what can I do?)