Year of Covid-19
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A list of Nordic larp that were affected by the 2019 outbreak of Corona Virus Covid-19 and the following restrictions. Events in date order. Events with no article has country in parenthesis.
- First case in Wuhan, china.
- 31 December, Health authorities in Wuhan investigate.
- 30 January the WHO declared the outbreak to be a Public Health Emergency of International Concern.
- The outbreak was confirmed to have spread to Italy on 31 January
- Larp Convention Portal 8 is run as planned in Zagreb (Croatia). It is live streamed and people can access it from home as well as on site.
- Swedish government outlaws official gatherings larger than 500 people. Schools and worksplaces can continue.
- Denmark lower the limit from 1000 to 100 people and closes schools for two weeks.
- Polen closes all schools at any level for two weeks.
- Italy Prime Minister Conte ordered stoppage of nearly all commercial activity except supermarkets and pharmacies.
- Cheznia closes border to Swedes. Slovenia stops all foreign travelers except from Poland.
- College of Wizardry: Werewar One is cancelled after all staff and some of the participants have already arrived. Everyone has to be sent back home. A race against time starts against closing borders.
- The US stops receiving travelers from Schengen/EU for 30 days. This does not apply to travellers from the UK.
- Spring runs of Baphomet (Denmark) by Participatory Design agency are cancelled
- The last song (Denmark) by Avalon Studios posts that they plan to run the event, but that they will decide on whether it needs to be postponed on April 15:th. The larp is planned for May.
- Solmukohta 2020 announces that it is Cancelled. This is the greatest gathering of Nordic larpers for the year.
- The Rites of Spring (UK) is cancelled
- College of Wizardry announces there is a confirmed case of Covid-19 among the players of the March run.
- Norway announces they will Close Airports, harbours and will have strict border crossing. Goods will still be allowed through but non-Citizens who are not from Sweden or Finland will be quarantined for 14 days or sent back.
- Swedish residents are recommended to not travel to "any country".