|name=Kjærlighet i fornedringens tid
|english_name=Love in the age of debasement
|date=2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
|game_mechanics=None - What you see is what you get
[[File:Kift4.jpg|750px|thumb|left|In-game photo of the Oslo 2009 run at Sagene Lunsjbar (Photo by Li Xin) ]]
'''Kjærlighet i fornedringens tid''' (''Love in the age of debasement'') was a game run in [[Norway]] and [[Sweden]] in [[:Category:2001|2001]] - [[:Category:2010|2010]].
Reborn, redesigned and tightened in the first months of [[Laivfabrikken Oslo]] in September 2009.
[[File:KIFT1.jpg|400px|thumb|left|In-game photo of the Knutpunkt 2010 run in the manor of Fiskeboda <br> (Photo by Håken Lid) ]]
<blockquote>''We are in Norway (alt. Sweden). The time is now. You are a couple living in Norway or are having a short, not especially spectacular holiday in Norway. You meet at a cafè. The meeting developes into a serious talk, an explosion or implosion of emotions. You are playing a couple that have been together for a while (6 month and up to 2 years). Not living together. It is about the confrontations that might show up, when we are forced or stumbled into making a stand. It is about our realtionships, when we grasp that somethings does not work. The critical moment when we have to understand that..
''We are trying to grasp the moment when a couple realizes that their crisis is a fact, we are aiming at the very eye of the storm. At least one of the involved parties will be put to the test: How do we experience love in an age where it would seem that it so often don`t work out?
[[File:KIFT2.jpg|300px|thumb|left|Ars Amandi (a prequel to the technique) <br> In-game photo of the Knutpunkt 2010 run at Fiskeboda <br> (Photo by Håken Lid) ]]
[[File:KIFT7b.jpg|500px|thumb|right|Demonstration of Brems (Associated with [[Kutt]]) prior to the [[Slow take-off]]. <br> Pre-brief photo of the Laivfabrikken 2009 run at Sagene Lunsjbar <br> (Photo by Li Xin) ]]
* A [[Dogma 99]] game
* [[Slow take-off]]
* [[Stream of Consciousness Characterwriting]]
==Setting and Themes==
The themes are dysfunctions that might arise in a relationship. One partner wanting to be able to have sex with others, control-issues, conflict avoidance, not being able to tell the needs to a partner, feeling of loneliness, attentionseeking and more.
It was originally coined as a critique on the lack of honesty around commitment in modernday relationships. The primary theme were lack of ableness to communicate and talk about the subject matter most of the characters being stuck in their own personal perception of what the problem in the relationship might be related to.
[[File:KIFT3.jpg|300px|thumb|right|Ars Amandi (a prequel to the technique) <br> In-game photo of the Knutpunkt 2010 run at Fiskeboda <br> (Photo by Håken Lid) ]]
Characters were grouped in couples two and two. Some charactercouples might well be representing non-hetrosexual relationships, although a few is based on the societies expectations of behaviour according to gender in relation to pregnancy, male domination and or female submission.
It has been run in the following cities: Malmø (SydCon 2001), Stockholm (Knutpunkt 2002), Oslo (Larpfactory 2009), Vesterås (Prolog 2010), Fiskeboda (Knutpunkt 2010), Trondheim 2010 (Larpfactory).
[[File:Kift5.jpg|500px|thumb|left|In-game photo of the Oslo 2009 run at Sagene Lunsjbar (Photo by Li Xin) ]]
* Review of the 2001 version of the game by [[Lars Wingård]] - http://laivforum.net/entries/14-Review-av-Kj%C3%A6rlighet-i-fornedringens-tid
* The pre-emptive character - (Bloggarticle by [[Eirik Fatland]] about the characterconcepts) - http://larpwright.efatland.com/?p=214
* One of the runs of the game filmed by [[Jana Pouchlá]] ([[Czech Republic]]) at [[Knutpunkt]] []
* photos from the 2009 run for the [[Laivfabrikken i Oslo]] - http://www.flickr.com/photos/yunyard/sets/72157622244313213/
* photos from the 2010 run at [[Knutpunkt]] [] - http://www.flickr.com/photos/haakenlid/sets/72157624604603202/
* larpfactory description (in Norwegian) - http://laivfabrikken.no/love_in_the_age_of_debasement/index.html
* Gamedescription for the 2010 run at [[Knutpunkt]] [] - http://knutpunkt.se/Members/erlend/love-in-the-age-of-debasement-kjaerlighet-i-fornedringens-tid/
[[File:KIFT6.jpg|900px|thumb|left|Debrief photo of Knutpunkt 2010 run at Fiskeboda (Photo by Håken Lid) ]]