Category:Modules subject to page protection
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Pre-alpha: Unfinished modules which may or may not be in active development. These should not be used from article namespace pages. Modules remain pre-alpha until the original editor (or someone who takes one over if it is abandoned for some time) is satisfied with the basic structure.
- Alpha: Modules which are ready for third party input. They may be used on a few pages to see if problems arise, but should be watched. Suggestions for new features or changes in their input and output mechanisms are welcome. Alpha modules should have /doc files describing the available parameters.
- Beta: Modules which are ready for more widespread use. They are still new and should be used with some caution to ensure the results are as expected. Ideally there should be a general announcement location for a module to enter beta status, and a community discussion to establish that it is ready for general use when it is time to release it, but there is not yet any specific procedure.
- Release: Modules which reached a mature form and are thought to be bug-free and ready for use wherever appropriate. These are ready to mention on Help pages and other Wikipedia resources as an option for new users to learn. Modules at this level or above should be improved by sandbox testing rather than repeated trial-and-error editing to reduce the amount of reparsing and bad output.
- Protected: Established modules in use by very large numbers of articles. Because vandalism or mistakes would affect so many pages, and even trivial editing would cause substantial load on the servers, these are subject to page protection.
The exact method by which modules or associated talk or documentation pages are to be tagged still needs some discussion...
Pages in category "Modules subject to page protection"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.