Nordic Larp Wiki collects information about Nordic-style larp games and their design tools. Only tools that have been actually play-tested in games or presented in published articles are presented, this is to keep the database coherent and accessible.
What This Is
- A concise database over game design tools, games, groups, movements, schools and conferences.
- A relevant and useful toolbox for larp game designers. Pretty humorless.
What This Isn't
- A complete reference to anything ever thought or said about larp design.
- A who's who of the Nordic scene, this wiki is about the work and persons are only referenced through attribution.
What is Nordic Larp?
Nordic-style larp (live action role-playing) is term used to describe a school of larp game design that emerged in the Nordic countries. We recommend this great presentation from Nordic Larp Talks as a primer:
Here are some suggested starting places for browsing this wiki:
- Games - Nordic-style games or games using design tools covered by this wiki.
- Meeting Places - Other places where people meet to discuss and develop nordic larp game design.
- Techniques - Techniques and tools used before, during or after larp games.
- Documentation - Books, films and other publications about Nordic-style larp.
- Concepts - Concepts used to talk about Nordic-style larp.
Please help us fill this Wiki with any information we've missed. Here are some good places to start:
- Wanted pages - Pages that are linked to that doesn't exist yet.
- Short pages - Pages that could use fleshing out.
- RecentChanges - Newly added or edited pages.
Be bold. Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
Who's Behind This
Nordic Larp Wiki is made by everyone and anyone who's makes the choice to contribute. No gods, no masters, just doers. It was started by Johannes Axner who also is the technical administrator of the site. It's run completely non-profit for the benefit of the Nordic larp scene.