|This work is in the public domain because it was published in the United States between 1923 and 1963 and although there may or may not have been a copyright notice, the copyright was not renewed. Unless its author has been dead for the required period, it is copyrighted in the countries or areas that do not apply the rule of the shorter term for US works, such as Canada (50 pma), Mainland China (50 pma, not Hong Kong or Macao), Germany (70 pma), Mexico (100 pma), Switzerland (70 pma), and other countries with individual treaties. See Commons:Hirtle chart for further explanation.|
This template adds pages to Category:PD US not renewed.
|This is the template sandbox page for Template:PD-US-not renewed (diff).|
Some cases where this template may apply are listed below. You may consider using a more specific tag.
- Works published in the U.S. before 1927.
- Works first published in 2003 or later and created by authors who died before 1952.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1927 and 1977 without a copyright notice. See Template:PD-Pre1978.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1978 and March 1, 1989, without a copyright notice, and where the copyright was not later registered. See Template:PD-US-1989
- Works published in the U.S. between 1927 and 1963 with a copyright notice but without later copyright renewal. See Template:PD-US-not renewed.
- Works published outside the U.S. before 1927, except possibly in the 9th Circuit, then before July 1, 1909. See Template:PD-US-1923-abroad.
- Works published outside the U.S. between 1927 and 1977 which were in the public domain in their home countries on January 1, 1996. See Template:PD-US-1996.
For more details and other cases, please see Wikipedia:Public domain.
For a complete list of all cases where an image is in the public domain in the United States, see 
This template adds images to the category Category:Images in the public domain in the United States.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:PD-US-not renewed/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.