The Monitor Celestra
The Monitor Celestra was a larp run three times in Sweden in 2013.
|Duration||4, 8h acts for a total of 32 hours|
|Location||Jagaren Småland, Gothenburg, Sweden|
The Monitor Celestra is a technology enhanced science-fiction Nordic Live Action Roleplaying Game about cultural and personal conflict in the shadow of the destruction of the twelve colonies of mankind.
This is the story of one of the ships in the surviving rag-tag fleet and there is a reason you have never heard it. It’s the story of The Celestra, last of the Monitor-class ships. This is the true story of the 13th Cylon model and the real reason the universe finally found peace, a story you can never watch or read. It’s a story you must live. 
The production had 389 participants split in three larps. Numbers received in interview with co-producer Cecilia Dolk 29 March 2013.
- Game 1 - March 1–3: 113 participants
- Game 2 - March 8–10 (English language only): 138 participants
- Game 3 - March 15–17: 138 participants
Video introduction of the larp (7 minutes).
Video documentation from game 3 made by Petter Karlsson (11 minutes).
Video documentation from game 3 made by Fish and Elephant Production (2 minutes).
- The Monitor Celestra offical web page
- Blog post summary of The Monitor Celestra by Petter Karlsson and Carolina Dahlberg
- Podcast review by Claus Raasted
- Thomas Be – Monitor Celestra – Game 2: Larp critique
- Jeff’s stuff – I spent last weekend in space. How was your weekend? – An North-American first time-larpers take on The Monitor Celestra Game 2