Difference between revisions of "Template:PD-US-1989/sandbox"
m (1 revision imported)
Latest revision as of 16:23, 1 January 2019
|This image is in the public domain in the United States because it was first published in the U.S. between 1978 and March 1, 1989, and a substantial number of authorized copies were distributed to the public without a copyright notice, and where the copyright was not later registered.
Outside the US, explicit copyright notices were not necessarily required, other jurisdictions having other rules, and so this image might not be in the public domain outside the United States. See Wikipedia:Public domain and Wikipedia:Copyrights for more details.Please add the year the author of the work died.
|This is the template sandbox page for Template:PD-US-1989 (diff).|
Some cases where this template may apply are listed below. You may consider using a more specific tag.
- Works published in the U.S. before 1927.
- Works first published in 2003 or later and created by authors who died before 1952.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1927 and 1977 without a copyright notice. See Template:PD-Pre1978.
- Works published in the U.S. between 1978 and March 1, 1989, without a copyright notice, and where the copyright was not later registered. See Template:PD-US-1989
- Works published in the U.S. between 1927 and 1963 with a copyright notice but without later copyright renewal. See Template:PD-US-not renewed.
- Works published outside the U.S. before 1927, except possibly in the 9th Circuit, then before July 1, 1909. See Template:PD-US-1923-abroad.
- Works published outside the U.S. between 1927 and 1977 which were in the public domain in their home countries on January 1, 1996. See Template:PD-US-1996.
For more details and other cases, please see Wikipedia:Public domain.
For a complete list of all cases where an image is in the public domain in the United States, see 
This template adds images to the category Category:Images in the public domain in the United States.
|The above documentation is transcluded from Template:PD-US-1989/doc. (edit | history)|
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (edit | diff) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.