Nordic Larp Wiki:Community portal
The community building this wiki is a kind and open group of people who mostly get together to edit this wiki.
A forum about this wiki exists for threaded meta discussion.
If Facebook's your thing, you can find people in the Nordic Larp Facebook group. Edit-a-thons are announced there.
How to Be a Good Neighbour on This Wiki
This is a friendly and kind wiki. An effort to curate this information done by people in the Nordic larp community. Be nice.
When describing things, try to be useful. On Wikipedia, articles are quite terse at the top, and they become more detailed as the article moves on to details. That's a helpful style. Be helpful.
If you make a mistake, or make a suboptimal choice, someone else will pick up the slack. Don't worry. Be bold.
There are some resources in place to help you get things right:
- The Style Guide has tips on how to write.
- The Larp Policy explains how we write about larps in this Wiki.
- The People Policy governs how we write about people in this Wiki.
- The Picture Policy governs how we use images on this Wiki.
- A guide to writing about larps.
- A guide to writing about people.
Here are some good places to start:
- Wanted pages - Pages that are linked but do not yet exist. If you know that event or concept, jump in and describe.
- Stubs - Pages that could use some fleshing out.
- RecentChanges - Newly added or edited pages.
- Visual Editor User Guide
Be bold. Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
What This Is
- A concise database over game design tools, games, groups, movements, schools and conferences.
- A relevant and useful toolbox for larp game designers. Pretty humor-less.
What This Isn't
- A place to promote your coming project, business or person.
Who's Behind This
Nordic Larp Wiki is made by everyone and anyone who's makes the choice to contribute. No gods, no masters, just doers. It was started by Johannes Axner who also is the technical administrator of the site. It's run completely non-profit for the benefit of the Nordic larp scene.