Latest revision as of 17:30, 11 January 2019
Very few web sites are suitable for inclusion into Wikipedia. "Web content" includes, webcomics, podcasts, blogs, Internet forums, online magazines, news sites, and other media, web portals and web hosts. Any content which is only distributed on the internet is considered as web content.
To be included in Wikipedia, the web content must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The content itself has been the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent of the site itself
- Includes reliable published works in all forms, such as newspaper and magazine articles, books, television documentaries, and published reports by consumer watchdog organizations.
- The website or content has won a well-known, reputable, and independent award, either from a publication or organization
This criterion does not include:
- Media re-prints of press releases and advertising for the content or site.
- Trivial coverage, such as newspaper articles that simply report the internet address, the times at which such content is updated or made available
- A brief summary of the nature of the content or the publication of internet addresses and site
- Content descriptions in internet directories
- Online stores.
Conflict of interest/advertising
If you are closely associated with the website you want to write about, you have a conflict of interest and will find it very difficult to write a good, neutral encyclopedia article. You will probably find it very difficult to write an article which will not look like advertising to other editors – and using Wikipedia for advertising is against official policy. If your article looks like promotion or an advertisement or does not meet the notability guidelines outlined above, it will probably be deleted very quickly.
Does your proposed article meet the notability requirements?
My article is about a notable website and is not advertising
My article could be considered advertising (help!)
My article is about a website that may not be notable (what can I do?)
ur:منصوبہ:ساحر تخلیق مضمون/معروفیت مواقع