What is Nordic Larp?
Nordic-style larp (live action role-playing) is term used to describe a school of larp game design that emerged in the Nordic countries. We recommend this great presentation from Nordic Larp Talks as a primer:
Here are some suggested starting places for browsing this wiki:
- Games - Nordic-style games or games using design tools covered by this wiki.
- Meeting Places - Other places where people meet to discuss and develop nordic larp game design.
- Techniques - Techniques and tools used before, during or after larp games.
- Documentation - Books, films and other publications about Nordic-style larp.
- Concepts - Concepts used to talk about Nordic-style larp.
- Projects - Other projects not covered by the above categories.
- Organizations - Non-profits, groups, companies, larpwright collectives, NGO's and others.
There are some resources in place to help you get things right:
- The Style Guide has tips on how to write.
- The Larp Policy explains how we write about larps in this Wiki.
- The People Policy governs how we write about people in this Wiki.
- The Picture Policy governs how we use images on this Wiki.
- A guide to writing about larps.
- A guide to writing about people.
Here are some good places to start:
- Wanted pages - Pages that are linked but do not yet exist. If you know that event or concept, jump in and describe.
- Stubs - Pages that could use some fleshing out.
- RecentChanges - Newly added or edited pages.
- Visual Editor User Guide
Be bold. Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.
What This Is
- A concise database over game design tools, games, groups, movements, schools and conferences.
- A relevant and useful toolbox for larp game designers. Pretty humor-less.
What This Isn't
- A place to promote your coming project, business or person.
Who's Behind This
Nordic Larp Wiki is made by everyone and anyone who's makes the choice to contribute. No gods, no masters, just doers. It was started by Johannes Axner who also is the technical administrator of the site. It's run completely non-profit for the benefit of the Nordic larp scene.