Luminescence, also known as "The Flour Larp", was a four-hour long larp in 2004, in [A Week In Finland] before [Solmukohta 2004]. Luminescence is a game about cancer patients in music therapy. They all all going to die and attempt to come to terms with this fact. The players are semi-naked in a roomful of flour, which has been defined as ”normal” within the game.
- Pre-larp Workshop
- Pre-written characters
- Must touch when speaking
- Rule of Normality
- Symbolic scenography
Luminescense has been written on extensively by Juhana Pettersson and Mike Pohjola, often including player comments.
– Juhana Pettersson: The Kingdom of Flour, a description of the game for the rpg.net column No Good.
– Mike Pohjola: School of Flour ([knutepunkt.laiv.org/kp05/School%20of%20Flour.pdf PDF]), Developing methodology through eight experimental larps, in [Dissecting Larp], 2005.
– Juhana Pettersson: Roolipelimanifesti, a non-fiction book about roleplaying (Like, 2005).
– Juhana Pettersson: The Age of Indulgence, an article in [Playground Worlds], 2008.
– An article on the larp in [Nordic Larp (Book)] by Juhana Pettersson.
Video footage from the larp:
Juhana Pettersson's artistic statement: http://www.juhanapettersson.com/works/luminescence/
- Solmukohta 2004