Difference between revisions of "Kjærlighet i fornedringens tid"
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
Characters were grouped in couples two and two. Some
Characters were grouped in couples two and two. Some might well be non-hetrosexual relationshipsalthough a few is based on the societies expectations of behaviour according to gender in relation to pregnancy, male domination and or female submission.
Revision as of 18:12, 25 April 2012
|This article is a stub. You can help Nordic Larp Wiki by expanding it.|
Kjærlighet i fornedringens tid (Love in the age of debasement) was a game run in Norway and Sweden in 2001 - 2010. It has been run in the following cities: Malmø (SydCon 2001), Stockholm (Knutpunkt 2002), Oslo (Larpfactory 2009), Vesterås (Prolog 2010), Stockholm (Knutpunkt 2010), Trondheim 2010 (Larpfactory).
We are in Norway (alt. Sweden). The year is 2010. You are a couple living in Norway or are having a short, not especially spectacular holiday in Norway. You meet at a cafè. The meeting developes into a serious talk, an explosion or implosion of emotions. You are playing a couple that have been together for a while (6 month and up to 2 years). Not living together. It is about the confrontations that might show up, when we are forced or stumbled into making a stand. It is about our realtionships, when we grasp that somethings does not work. The critical moment when we have to understand that..
- this might be the end
- this might be the start of something new and perhaps more sincere
We are trying to grasp the moment when a couple realizes that their crisis is a fact, we are aiming at the very eye of the storm. At least one of the involved parties will be put to the test: How do we experience love in an age where it would seem that it so often don`t work out?
- Slow take-off
- Slow Landing
- Ars Amandi (a prequel to the technique later known as Ars Amandi)
- Stream of Consciousness Characterdescription
- Pre-emptive characters
- Keyscenes triggered by music
- A Dogma 99 game
Setting and Themes
This is kitchensink realism in a modernday city. The location is a cafè playing music in the background. The themes are dysfunctions that might arise in a relationship. One partner wanting to be able to have sex with others, control-issues, conflict avoidance, not being able to tell the needs to a partner, feeling of loneliness, attentionseeking and more. It was originally coined as a critique on the lack of honesty around commitment in modernday relationships. The primary theme were lack of ableness to communicate and talk about the subject matter most of the characters being stuck in their own personal perception of what the problem in the relationship might be related to.
Characters were grouped in couples two and two. Some charactercouples might well be representing non-hetrosexual relationships, although a few is based on the societies expectations of behaviour according to gender in relation to pregnancy, male domination and or female submission.
- Review of the 2001 version of the game by Lars Wingård - http://laivforum.net/entries/14-Review-av-Kj%C3%A6rlighet-i-fornedringens-tid
- The pre-emptive character - (Bloggarticle about the characterconcepts) - http://larpwright.efatland.com/?p=214
- photos from the 2009 run for the Larpfactory in Oslo - http://www.flickr.com/photos/yunyard/sets/72157622244313213/
- Gamedescription for the 2010 run at Knutpunkt 2010 - http://knutpunkt.se/Members/erlend/love-in-the-age-of-debasement-kjaerlighet-i-fornedringens-tid/