- This event has passed.
Häxorna på Ästad Gård / Witches of Ästad Farm
2017-10-13 @ 10:00 - 2017-10-15 @ 15:001000SEK
In 1939, 25 witches were interred as a part of a larger scheme of the Swedish State to remain a neutral part in the second World War. In 1941 they had spent two years at the former children’s colony of Ästad Farm, situated outside Varberg. The Farm was to be their home for the duration of the war. This is the story about them and the staff that worked with them.
The game is about
- Interment for no crime other than what you were born as.
- How human rights are compromised in times of war or crisis.
- Obedience to unreasonable demands.
- Queer relationships
- Finding comfort in a time of crisis. Playing cards, singing songs, doing needlework in cramped spaces in the evenings.
- Forced labour (including kitchen work). But also being bored.
- Medical experiments.